Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Social Sound System Music Room

Social Sound System www.socialsoundsystem.com www.myspace.com 1st track: "System in a Minivan Dub" by Social Sound System Recorded @ Walkerman's house off Gower and Franklin. 2nd track: "Green 9" Recorded at the open music studio at UNITED Trade Show in Las Vegas, Nevada Aug. 20rd with Lyle Plumlee and Ken Cain. I have always loved album art. My father has a whole treasure trove sitting in the closet and he won't let me "borrow" his Technics turntable from way back when (I plan on putting the albums up in my loft soon). I've always been into music because of him and that glorious marvel that WAS MTV as a kid in the 80s. And growing up I always worked and had extra cash to blow at Lou's Records, Just Play Music, or whatever place I could get my fix. I loved the art, the liner notes, the thank yous, etc. It killed me when my first book of 200 CDs (and guitar) was stolen out of my car while working at Legoland living Kevin Spacey's dream. Home owners insurance covered the stolen discs IF I sent in the album covers. At which point I went on a massive spending spree, only to find them ripped off again by the crackheads in Home Depots parking lot while I returned their stolen goods for cash. Insurance covers again and drops me. Go on another binge... Only to have that book stolen again when ghetto rats threw spark plugs through my car window. Such a vicious cycle. Obviously I don't bring all my CDs anymore (but I don't own an iPod). Well, this is what I have left and the ...

No comments:

Post a Comment